Presenter of Channel 4's The Home Show, Architect, Writer and Lecturer
George Clarke is an architect, writer and lecturer and one of the most successful property TV presenters on UK television.
After making three successful series of Build A New Life for Five from 2003 to 2006, George became the face of architecture at Channel 4 with the launch of The Home Show in 2008 and the forthcoming launch of Restoration Man in 2009.
George’s design talent and passion for beautiful buildings has transformed the home’s and lives of so many people a cross Britain.
George was born and raised in Sunderland and from the age of 12 wanted to be an architect. After studying architecture at the University of Newcastle and University College London, George started his own practice, clarke:desai, with business partner Bobby Desai. clarke:desai has established a reputation as a talented architecure and design company with a very high profile client list.
Their portfolio includes innovative residential, cultural and urban design projects across the world.
George’s award winning architectural practice, university teaching and research allow him to develop ways of creating new kinds of architecture. He’s passionate about the way architecture can transform our everyday lives and his aim is to make architecture popular and accessible to the public.
The second series of the The Home Show with 8 new building projects and 4 revisits from series 1 begins at 8pm on Thursday 21st May.
Restoration Man, where George saves some of the most beautiful old buildings in Britain by converting them into unique homes, will be shown on Channel 4 this Autumn.
George has been a successful TV presenter since 2004 and has been the main presenter for the following programmes.
- 2004 Property Dreams – 6 x 60 min programmes for Five following people who release equity from their homes either to renovate their existing home, buy a second home in the UK or to buy a home abroad.
- 2005 Dream Home Abroad – 10 x 60 min programmes for Five following families who leave the UK to renovate beautiful old homes throughout Europe.
- 2005-2007 Build A New Life in the Country – 32 x 60 min programmes for Five. George follows families who transform their quality of life by moving from the city to the country while renovating some of the most stunning and unusual old buildings in Britain.
- Build A New Life is one of the most successful programmes ever to be shown on Five with over 2.5 million viewers. Series 1 was transmitted in 2005, Series 2 in 2006 and Series 3 in 2007.
- 2008 The Home Show – Series 1 : 6 x 60 min programmes for Channel 4. With over 3 million viewers George transforms the ordinary houses of UK families into beautiful homes
Would you like to talk to us about this speaker?
If you have an enquiry about this speaker, or would like to check availability for your event, please complete the form below and we will contact you as soon as possible...
Alternatively, if you would like to contact us directly by telephone call +353 1 4750 360 during business hours.
| back to top | | back to category listings |